Without donations made to us by the residents and businesses of Springfield, the Springfield First Aid Squad would not be able to meet our expenses. They include vehicle and equipment purchases and maintenance, training, and supplies.
Each year the Squad holds a Capital Fund Drive to assist us in the purchase and maintenance of specific high-cost items (such as ambulances and defibrillators), and an Annual Fund Drive, to cover our other, standard operating expenses. Both of these fund drives are coordinated by members of the Squad, not an outside company, so 100% of the donations received go to benefit our operations.
The Squad accepts donations year-round and is very much appreciative of any assistance the community is able to provide.
1. You can make your donation online using your American Express, Discover, MasterCard or VISA, via Google Checkout. As the Squad is a recognized non-profit, Google will process your credit card without charge so the full amount of your donation goes to fund Squad operations. You will need to create a free Google Checkout account if you do not already have one.
2. You can make your donation online using your American Express, Discover, MasterCard or VISA, or a PayPal account. The Squad is charged approximately 3% of your donation to cover credit card processing fees. You do not need a PayPal account to use this option, but may use one if you wish.
3. You can print and mail our donation information form along with your check to Springfield First Aid Squad, P.O. Box 247, Springfield, NJ 07081-0247.
While donations are sometimes made simply on the generosity of the giver, many people choose to donate to the Squad to celebrate and remember special events and people in their lives. Other choose to give as thanks for service our members provided to them or their loved ones in their time of need. Still others choose to remember the Squad through bequests in their will.
4. Donations are also possible via a "Charity Mall," such as iGive.com. These are virtual malls which feature collections of links to various well-known and trusted Internet e-tailers (such as Amazon.com, Lands' End and Toys 'R Us). When you follow a link from the mall to the e-tailer and then make a purchase, the e-tailer pays a referral fee to the mall and the mall makes a contribution to an organization such as the Springfield First Aid Squad.
5. Do you sell on eBay? The eBay Giving Works program allows you to designate the Springfield First Aid Squad as a beneficiary of your auction. You may designate a percentage of your auction's proceeds to go to the Springfield First Aid Squad when creating your auction listing. eBay and MissionFish will take care of sending your donation to us and eBay will even give you a pro-rated credit on their auction fees based on how much you are donating.
The Squad is registered with the State of New Jersey as a charitable organization (registration # CH0868900).
Note: The Springfield First Aid Squad has no relation with these or any other companies and, as such, can accept no responsibility for their actions, inactions, policies or procedures. Those companies listed above are mearly examples of one option available to those who may wish to contribute to us but cannot or do not wish to contribute directly. We are listed, by these companies and others like them, along with the thousands of non-profit organizations registered with the IRS and able to accept tax-deductible contributions. No endorsement should be implied by the above. For other similar organizations, see Yahoo!.