While donations are always welcome and appreciated, our greatest need is people. The Springfield First Aid Squad offers per-diem employment to experienced EMTs to supplement our volunteer workforce and ensure 24×7 staffing of our ambulances. We are a 9-1-1 emergency service serving Springfield (Union County) and surrounding municipalities (primarily Millburn, Mountainside, Summit & Union).
Candidates must have:
- The mental & physical ability to perform the job, including the ability to read, write & speak English fluently
- U.S. citizenship, legal permanent resident status, or have valid Employment Authorization Documents
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- A maximum one at-fault accident & under 5 motor vehicle points in last five years, with a currently valid driver’s license
- Valid CPR for the Healthcare Provider or Professional Rescuer certification
- Current EMT (or higher) licensure
- Taken the following classes:
- CBRNE Awareness
- CEVO: Ambulance, or equivalent
- “Do No Harm” Developmental Disabilities Awareness
- HazMat Awareness
- HazMat EMS Operations
- A minimum one year of 9-1-1 EMS experience
If you are interested in joining us, an employment application is available online. Candidates that are offered a position must pass a criminal background check, drug screening & medical exam.